|Posted on December 1, 2014 at 8:20 PM|
Epsom Salt Bath Directions:
Epsom Salt comes in 4-pound containers or packages.
Place 2 pounds (yes, pounds) of Epsom Salt in a comfortable hot bath.
2 pounds is necessary to start changing the skin’s chemistry. The temperature of a healing bath should only be about 2 degrees warmer than the temperature of your body. Test the bath water from the tub, not from the faucet, as the Epsom Salt changes the boiling point of water and the tub water will actually be hotter than the water coming from the faucet. DO NOT BURN YOURSELF!!!
Before you sit in the bath, make sure all of the salt crystals have dissolved; failure to do so may cause a skin irritation from sitting on the salt crystal.
You are going to soak in the Epsom Salt Bath for 10 minutes, changing positions if needed to soak the different body parts.
After 10 minutes, get out of the tub to urinate –
Hot bath water causes the skin to eliminate instead of absorb, therefore the minerals of the salt cannot be absorbed into the body; instead they are eliminated. Even if you do not have the urge to urinate, do the best you can to get out the concentrated toxins your blood has picked up and filtered through your kidneys so as to keep the toxins from being reabsorbed into your body. It may help to drink 1 or 2 cups of water prior to soaking in the Epsom Salt Bath.
Get back into the Epsom Salt Bath for another 10 minutes, again changing positions if needed to soak the different body parts –
You should feel like “Jell-o” towards the end of your soak, if you do not, make sure to soak in an Epsom Salt Bath every night until you get the “Jell-o” feeling. (A “Jell-o” feeling is an extremely relaxed feeling of your muscles)
To prevent skin irritations:
Make sure your bathtub is clean and the entire product you used to clean it is completely rinsed off of the tub’s surface.
Make sure the salt crystals are completely dissolved prior to sitting in the bathtub.
Why does Epsom Salt work where regular salt does not?
Epsom Salt is a pure mineral compound (magnesium sulfate) in crystal form that gently exfoliates skin and smoothes rough patches. Mixed with your favorite deep conditioner, Epsom Salt helps to add body to hair. Dissolved in a bath, Epsom Salt is absorbed through the skin to replenish the body's levels of magnesium and the sulfates flush out toxins from the body, thus improving the absorption of nutrients.
Studies indicate this may help to relieve stress in a number of ways, including:
• Raising the body's level of serotonin (a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation), which eases stress and improves sleep and concentration.
• Offsetting excess levels of adrenaline generated by pressure and stress; magnesium ions relax and reduce irritability by lowering the affects of adrenaline.
• Helping to regulate the electrical functions that spark through miles of nerves, thus aiding with the functioning of the Nervous System – helping muscles and nerves function properly.
• Lowering blood pressure, decreasing fluid retention and helping to prevent artery hardening and blood clots.
• Aids with the production of endorphins and enkephalins, which reduce inflammation to relieve pain, muscle cramps, and prevent or ease migraine headaches.
• Aids with increasing the body’s oxygen use and metabolism, including stimulating the secretions of the intestinal tract and the liver, aiding in digestion.
• Aids with normalizing the endocrine glands and other glandular functions, which help to strengthen your immune system, make insulin levels more effective, and regulate the activity of 325+ enzymes in the body.
• Has a therapeutic effect on skin - soften skin, exfoliates, promotes the healing of wounds and other skin injuries, slows skin aging.
Researchers have found that magnesium also increases energy and stamina by encouraging the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the energy packets made in the cells. Also, sulfates help form joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins. Experts recommend soaking with Epsom Salt at least three times a week to look better, feel better and have more energy.
Studies show these benefits from the major components of Epsom Salt may:
• Ease stress and improves sleep and concentration
• Help muscles and nerves function properly
• Calms the nervous system
• Regulate activity of 325+ enzymes
• Help prevent artery hardening and blood clots
• Lower Blood Pressure
• Decreases fluid retention
• Make insulin more effective
• Reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
• Improve oxygen use
• Slows skin aging
• Create a happy, relaxed feeling
• Raise energy levels
• Therapeutic effects on skin - Soften skin, exfoliates, promotes the healing of wounds and other skin injuries.
• Affect the cellular proteins of the brain, joints and mucin, thus affecting the basic functioning of all cellular activity.
• Increases hydrostatic pressure on the body, thus increasing blood circulation and cell oxygenation. The increase in blood flow also helps dissolve and eliminate toxins from the body.
• Increases the flow of oxygen-rich blood throughout the body, bringing improved nourishment to vital organs and tissues.
To purchase Epsom Salt in bulk:
1) go to www.epsomsalt.us - you can purchase a 50 lb bag for about $45 which makes it about $0.89 per pound. They sometimes have specials which will be much cheaper.
2) go to Sam's Club or Wal-Mart. They now offers 8 pound bags of Epsom Salt for about $3.50 - $4.00 which is $0.44 - $0.50 per pound.
3) go to any grocery, pharmacy or stores with pharmacies (K-mart, Target, SavOn), however you will be paying up to $1.94 per pound